and Protection for Safer Families
Do you feel:
You have a right to feel safe. You have the right to make changes in your life.
Discuss your options with an experienced support worker.
Specialist Domestic and Family Violence Support Rooms
Specialist Support Rooms in local police stations have been established to provide more opportunities for women experiencing domestic and family violence to receive professional support services.
We assist women to explore the options available to protect them and their children from abuse. If you choose to seek police protection, we can support you to discuss your concerns with a police officer or solicitor.
We provide confidential support, information and links to other services and programs for women and their children experiencing domestic violence.
We provide a range of programs to address domestic and family violence including:
- LOVE BiTES
- early intervention/prevention program for high school students
- programs for men who use violence in their relationships
- programs for women whose (ex)partners attend the MEND program
- support service for women residing in Gloucester Shire
You can access Community Partnerships Against Domestic and Family Violence by calling in or making an appointment at one of our Support Room locations:
- Port Macquarie Police Station
- Contact Number – 6584 9102 (Liberty Cottage)
- Kempsey Police Station
- Contact Number – 6562 6148
- Taree Police Station
- Contact Number – 6552 0386
*Liberty Cottage and Community Partnerships Against Domestic and Family Violence are services of Hastings Women and Children’s Refuge Inc.